After you read what I am up to, I hope that you'll head over and find out what other teacher bloggers are up to this week!
Here's what I'm up to:
3 things I have to do:
1. We're out of the essentials so grocery shopping MUST be done today!
2. Since I leave for NYC on Friday, I need to get my suitcase out of the closet and figure out if checking zero bags is even a possibility. I also want to pack as much as I can now so I am not in full blown panic mode on Thursday night.
3. We also have to clean today as my dreams of winning the lotto and hiring a housekeeper have yet to happen.
2 things I hope to do:
1. I want every stack of grading done. Our grading period ends soon and since I know I won't be doing any grading next week, I want to be sure I am TOTALLY caught up before I leave on Friday so that I'll only have to grade anything from Friday, which is a half day anyway.
2. Our fifth graders used to take a state writing test, but they took that away this year. Hooray, right? Nope. We now have to replace it with a research project (two months long) and still do an essay portion in April. We've figured out the topics that they can choose from, but since this is new, we're lacking in resources for the mini-lessons we need to teach. This week I have to teach note-taking and paraphrasing. If you've got something great on either or both, please feel free to share your link in the comments!
1 thing I'm happy to do:
It's the long weekend, which means I get an extra day off so I'm far less stressed on a Sunday! I plan to spend lots of time with the hubby today outside of our cleaning and shopping! I love our days off together!
Wishing you all a lovely extended weekend!